Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Makeup Fix


Smokey eyes have become the go-to eye makeup look, especially for celebrities. Smokey eyes give you irresistible-looking eyes, even if they are not big or bright.
 
Kim Kardashian's makeup artist took to her blog to describe how she creates Kim's infamous smokey eye:

"First I applied the golden shade of NARS Duo eyeshadow in Mediteranee similar to how I did it for her Birthday at TAO.Next on the outer corners of the eyes, crease, & along the lower lash line apply Rose Gold Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow by Bobbi Brown. Apply & blend in over the lid Champagne Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow by Bobbi Brown.

To line the lower inside rim I used Stila’s Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish. *this eyeliner is perfect for this look because of the light shimmer it gives off to help the look flow.
Remember, to finish off the eye, I curl her lashes using Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I used Hypnose Drama by Lancome to give the a big bold lash.

*As you know, red lips can be risky, so to get away with this look with out appearing too retro I had to use gold tone shimmer for the eye rather than ivory tones. It was also super important that I kept the eye liner thin and purposely didn't wing the liner out in a ‘cat eye’ shape."

Here are two videos to help you recreate this look:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment