Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Katy Perry Does 'Vanity Fair'



The beautiful Katy Perry sat down with contributing editor Lisa Robinson of Vanity Fair & chatted up about her religious upbringing, marriage, and rollercoaster career.

On her religious background:

“I didn’t have a childhood,” she says, adding that her mother never read her any books except the Bible, and that she wasn’t allowed to say “deviled eggs” or “Dirt Devil"."Growing up, seeing Planned Parenthood, it was considered like the abortion clinic,I was always scared I was going to get bombed when I was there…. I didn’t know it was more than that, that it was for women and their needs. I didn’t have insurance, so I went there and I learned about birth control."

On her marriage:

Katy explains that when the two are together there is  "never a dull moment" and that Russell has "never lied to me once. I trust him; there’s just a level of trust that we’ve built up.” Katy also talks about the distance she likes to have with the press when it comes to her marriage.

 "The press is just not your friend when it comes to a marriage,that’s why we didn’t sell the pictures of our wedding, and we got offered millions of dollars for them, millions.I’ve seen too much of it with other people—it’s the wrong kind of attention. It detracts from the reason why you exist. We wanted that moment to ourselves." (Amen to that!)



source: Vanity Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment