Thursday, September 17, 2009

Designer VS. Model


VS.

This time design legend Karl Lagerfeld isn't in the press for his amazing fashions.
[Lagerfeld designs for Chanel and Fendi]
Not saying this man isn't talented but what's his problem?
The British paper, the Sun, reports the fashion guru has taken another shot at Heidi Klum and this time he's thrown in some words about her husband, Seal, as well. In February the designer vocalized that Klum was 'too heavy' to be a catwalk model. Now he's saying that she's a nobody in the modeling world.
"I don't know her. Claudia Schiffer doesn't know her," says Lagerfeld.
"She was never in Paris, we don't know her."
Okay...because Claudia Schiffer and Karl Lagerfeld are the only reputable names in the fashion world. Please. I think she looks damn good especially after having 3 kids. But oh no. The insults don't stop there. The designer went on to talk about her husband's skin condition. [low blow considering her hubby suffered as a child from discoid lupus erythematosus, which left his skin badly scarred.]
"I am no dermatologist but I wouldn't want his skin," Lagerfeld cracked.
"Mine looks better than his. He is covered in craters."
Oh snap them's fightin words! Pretty bold coming from a man who's 75 and probably uses botox. Heidi had this to say on the issue:


"I don't know why he said that. Maybe he wanted to be in the paper? Maybe he doesn't understand what I do? It's bizarre to me that he says he doesn't know who I am because he's dressed me in the past. I've worn Karl Lagerfeld. Not even Chanel—his line. Lagerfeld doesn't just send random things everywhere, so it was a big thing for me [to wear his label] to the CFDA Awards a few years ago. I don't know how he missed that, when he dressed me that time. But you know, it's cool. People can say whatever they want to say. You can't please everybody, and you can't live your life wanting to please everybody either."
Well said. Don't worry Heidi being 75 can take a toll on the mind, so his senile dementia probably kicked in and he forgot. 


Trina []



Remember to check out all our other entries down below! Don't miss a minute of all the fashion, gossip, and style! Just scroll down and click 'Older Posts' or take a look at our blog archive we have all the entries listed under the months we did them! We're going to have another Street Fashion segment coming soon so get to it and e-mail us your stylish looks at eternallyfixatedblog@hotmail.com or anything else you'd like to tell us. There's always room for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment